Form Number Two “Rear”
- An opponent is in the seiza position behind you.
- Rise and turn to the rear by lifting the left knee while drawing the sword and cutting horizontally. While rising, the feet stay initially together before stepping forward with your left foot, right knee remains kneeling. The initial horizontal cut to the eyes, should balance your kneeling stance..
- Lunging slightly advance and cut as in Mae except using the opposite foot (left foot) in the front.
- Perform chiburi, ashi sabaki and noto as in Mae but with reversed feet.
- When standing, the right foot joins the left.
- Take two and 1/2 steps back, turning to your right to face the front.